Questions Asked of Cruise Ship Pursers
These questions were actually asked of various cruise ship pursers.
- "Do you make your own electricity on board?"
- "Why can't I get cable stations?"
- "Are you the Captain?"
- "Do you actually live on this ship?"
- "Do these stairs go up or down?"
- "Does the crew sleep on board?"
- "Could you call the captain to stop the waves? I am getting seasick."
- "I just saw the Captain in the dining room. Who is steering the ship?"
- "Is the water in the toilets salty or fresh?"
- "What time does the midnight buffet start?"
- "What do you do with the ice sculptures after they melt?"
- "Can you get these chips on land?" -- Referring to casino
- "Why is it so windy outside?" -- On a cruise liner traveling 30 miles
per hour at the time.
- "I see them!" -- The inevitable response from a member of the crowd
whenever a casino dealer on a cruise liner played a favorite joke --
pointing out "penguins" on a "little piece of ice" during a cruise
- "So what is the elevation here?" -- On an Alaskan cruise.
- "Why can't I find a USPC post box in town?" --
In Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- "I want to change cabins! I paid good money for this cruise, and all I
can see is a rusted crane in the harbor!" -- Asked before
Back to the
Things People Said main page.